Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hi! I am a freshmen year college student who long anticipated to be in college and leave that dreaded pit stop called high school. I adore and have a passion for literature, poetry and reading. I once despised these very things all throughout my life until I entered my senior year in high school when I finally met my mentor. This was a man who had never ending passion for teaching his students that he respected and investing time to teach them everything he knew about A.P. Literature. Him and I have become good friends and we still keep in touch. From his classes I realized literature was something to be appreciated and since then I have found an interest in becoming a poet. This started about several months ago when and is still very much apart of my life. I love talking about controversial topics and listening to what are ideal ways of life of each individual. For college, am pursuing a degree in Fire Sciences and Nutrition. My best and closest friend has convinced me to take an interest in becoming a Fire Fighter and we started this year with the buddy-system, meaning that we have the same classes at the exact same time, it's pretty ideal. The reason why I am seeking out a degree in Nutrition is because I began to have an obsession to know all about how to be healthy since middle school. That was around the time it was revealed to me that I come from a family that stems from health failures from the fact that they poisoned their bodies. This terrified me so I dedicated most of my time reading nutrition-related books so that I could advise my family how to prevent this from happening to them and myself. I realized that it was so satisfying being able to alleviate some of their ailments with simple advice and came to the conclusion that this is how I want to help people. Fire Fighter and Nutritionist/Dietitian allows me to answer calls to distress in the neighborhoods and being able to relieve distress of people's own bodies, it seems pretty hand in hand to me. One last thing that is very relevant and important in my life is that I love to sing. I had choir a part of my high school schedule for all four years and it was one of the best lasting experiences I have ever had. Now I just sing for fun wherever I roam since performing in front of an audience is not going to happen for a while.

4 comments:

  1. That is cool that your friend and you are taking your classes together. My sister and I are doing the same thing. It really helps to have some one there with you so if you have any questions or did not understand something they were there and could help you. It is also awesome that you wanted to help your family, friends, and strangers and found a way to do that as you peruse what you want out of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buddy system is awesome and it's reassuring that more people are doing it. And thanks for thinking my hopefully helpful way are awesome!

      Delete
  2. It is so interesting to hear about someone who likes literature, poetry and reading. When you read everyone else's blogs, they all say that their passions are Netlix and video games! I'm curious, are there any books you would recommend reading? I love to read, and I will read anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I love video games and netflix just as much as anyone else! haha. But, awesome books like Cloud Atlas are just mind-blowing. I would recommend watching the movie first! Cool trivia about it is that they had the author on set the entire time to see what the director was doing was okay. The movie and book go entirely hand-in-hand.

      Delete