Sunday, September 7, 2014

Entry #1: My First Step Into Blog World


I didn't realize a diverse community thrives in the partaking of everyday blogging. I didn't know how deep they were willing to immerse themselves in sharing their personal lives, random facts, or controversial opinions. This is something very new for me to experience, but it is definitely one of the intriguing things I have witnessed. I think blogs are a very effective way to get your thoughts and personal ideas out there in the world to be seen by randoms strangers who aren't solely your friends on whatever social media you use to give you insightful feedback, or generally take a random interest in what you have to say. I don't think it is quite something I would ever done if it wasn't for someone opening me to this direction, but it's definitely enticing enough to see what it is all about.


The very first blog I happened to stumble upon out of the fifty to choose from was this delightful blog called Dumb Little Man - Tips For Life. http://www.dumblittleman.com/


This was one of the most interesting blogs I have read on because it's full of helpful health related facts or how to sustain interest on tedious and extended tasks. They are chuck full of little tips and tricks of how to manage your everyday life better. There was even an instance where they suggested advice on way to dealing with your calorie intake. I found this personally intriguing because it's my dream career to become a nutritionist and it comes a long way listening to simple advice to a healthier lifestyle. This has a strong influence on me in regards of wanting to know certain details to manage stress and what I eat .

Post Secret at http://postsecret.com/ is a website that allows people to post whatever they want anonymously. This particular blog by title stuck out to me because I had to participate in a class project during my junior year of high school that was about writing a " Post Secret" and displaying them on a wall. I understand and respect the concept, but some of them are just a little too weird for me to comprehend some times, or I wonder whether or not they are real. To me, many of these posts are just too bizarre. Perhaps I feel that way because I have never heard of any such things until now. I find it very fascinating and new, but that doesn't get in the way of the complete obscenity of these anonymous secrets. Some of them are definitely terrifying. It gives way to a world I never really I would get a chance to see.loofah

 Now, for my favorite blogger and comic author of all time. The Oatmeal at http://theoatmeal.com/blog. Matthew Inman, author and illustrator of The Oatmeal website, is a comic writer who makes comedic comics about his life, animals, grammar, and odd events. This website is absolutely my favorite. It brings me great delight and laughter, and even great information about things I never knew of. He is a very successful man and is very generous. He established a fun raiser to create a Tesla Museum in honor of one of his heroes, Nicola Tesla. He did so with an internet kick starter:









This is one of his comics that will be forever embedded in my brain. 
You and I were cut from the same cloth

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of the "Post Secret" blog before but a while back I downloaded an app that was pretty much the same thing. It's called "Whisper" and you can anonymously share secrets and anonymously comment on other peoples secrets with advice or opinions on what they shared. A lot of the stuff posted was really weird, though, so I eventually just deleted the app. But I think it's a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete